The first in a series of videos and articles on bridging finance with Rory O'Mara, founder and CEO of Closed Bridging Finance. Rory started his company on realising that the biggest problem faced by property investors is a lack of access to ready cash and that this was something he was able to offer as a service.
Property Expert Series: Rory O'Mara from Closed Bridging Finance
- Part 1: Introducing Rory O'Mara from Closed Bridging Finance
- Part 2: What is Bridging Finance?
- Part 3: What is Development Finance?
- Part 4: Is Bridging Finance Only Suitable for Expert Investors?
- Part 5: Debt Finance Vs. Equity Finance - Which is Better for Property?
- Part 6: What Kind of Property Can Be Bought With a Bridging Loan?
- Part 7: Debt Financing - The Cost of Using a Bridging Loan
- Part 8: What Does the Future Hold for Bridging Finance?
- Part 9: How to Use Bridging Finance to Grow a Property Portfolio Quickly
- Part 10: What Problems do Property Investors Face in 2018?
- Part 11: Which Property Strategies Offer the Best Long-Term Potential?
- Part 12: How Can a High Net Worth Individual Invest in Short-Term Finance?
- Part 13: What is an SPV and Why are They Used by Property Developers?
- Part 14: The Highs and Lows of Working in Bridging Finance
Amy: Hi, it's Amy from Property Investments UK and today I'm here with Rory O'Mara from Closed Bridging Finance.
Rory: Good day, Amy.
Amy: Thank you for joining us, today and I'm really excited to learn a little bit more about you and what you do, Rory. Thank you.
Rory O'Mara from Closed Bridging Finance
Amy: So, hi and thank you for joining us, Rory, today. I'm really interested to find out a little bit more about you and your background and what you do with Closed Bridging Finance.
Rory: Okay, sure. So, it depends on how long you've got, really, but let's keep it nice, short and sweet.
I started this company about 10 or 11 years ago and it is really off-the-back of when I graduated in the late eighties.
I was always taught 'follow the money' and 'cash is king'. And so, what I've always tried to do, is focus on opportunity.
I worked in the City and I saw massive changes. I got involved in IT, built an IT consultancy and I sold that business.
And, what I'd learned, around the time of around 2005, 2006, that it was possible to buy property with no money. The good, old-fashioned, 'no money down'.
I did a little bit of property education and found that the big challenge that most investors had, they've no access to the cash and there weren't enough bridging companies who could provide the money, short-term.
So, Close Bridging Finance, that company was born. We were lending money, short-term and it was very, very simple. You'd borrow money for a day, less than a day. We'd provide it, you'd buy your property.
You hear of investors, now, who might have hundreds of properties and they are doing that using this model.
And that's pretty much how we started. By offering a very, very simple, classic, old-fashioned service, being blunt, direct and honest and delivering the cash when property investors need it.
We've evolved a lot since then but that's how we started.
Amy: Wonderful, thank you.
Learn how to quickly build a long-term, profitable property portfolio of ten houses with our free online course, containing effective strategies and techniques, collected over decades investing in property.
This training is suitable for investors of all levels so whether you are starting from scratch or want to know how to scale your property business there is something in there for you. Simply click the link below to find out more.
It's completely free and takes just a minute to sign up.
If you have any questions or thoughts about bridging finance then leave them in the comments section below.
Alternatively, you can get in touch via our Facebook page.
We'd love to hear from you and as always we're happy to help.