Today, Rob takes us round a serviced apartment in Manchester city centre to show how a property like this should be furnished and how the serviced model works. But the main draw of this flat is the location. If you are thinking of investing in serviced accommodation or corporate buy to let the location is something you absolutely have to get right.
In Conversation With Paul Winder From Residential Estates, Chester
- Part 1 – Introducing Paul Winder From Residential Estates
- Part 2 – What Is Serviced Accommodation?
- Part 3 – How Should A Good Letting Agent Be Managing A Serviced Flat?
- Part 4 – What’s The Difference Between a Short Term Stay and a Corporate Let?
- Part 5 – Serviced Accommodation UK and Planning Law | Everything You Need To Know
- Part 6 – Why Profits Are Better When You’re Investing In Serviced Residences
- Part 7 – Serviced Accommodation Has A Great ROI | So Why Isn’t Everyone Investing?
- Part 8 – How the London Airbnb Ruling Affects Serviced Accommodation In Manchester
- Part 9 – What Kind of Furniture Pack Do I Need For My Corporate Let?
- Part 10 – Serviced Accommodation – 3 Common Problems For Landlords
- Part 11 – Serviced Accommodation | Tenant Profile and Tenancy Agreement
- Part 12 – Which Locations Work Best For Serviced Accommodation?
- Part 13 – What Types Of Property Work Best For Serviced Accommodation?
- Part 14 – Why A Serviced Apartment Can Be Better Than A Hotel
- Part 15 – What Is A Rental Guarantee And Are They Ever Worthwhile?
- Part 16 – The Benefits To Investing In Serviced Apartments
- Part 17 – Walkthrough Of A Serviced Apartment In Manchester City Centre
A Serviced Apartment In The Centre Of Manchester
We’re at a recent serviced accommodation project.
This is a one bedroom apartment. It’s in Manchester City Centre, so it’s a fantastic location.
I’ll try and give you a bit of an idea and Josh, the camera man, will give you a bit of feel for what the room is currently.
It’s only a one bedroom property, so it doesn’t need to be anything too crazy in terms of sizes.
You don’t have to go to three bedrooms, things like that.
One bedroom’s perfect, two bedroom’s very good as well.
You can see here, in terms of furniture packs, what’s included.
You’ve got, not just a bed, but it’s fully furnished, in the respect that someone can just turn up with a bag and then they’re ready to go.
Blinds have just recently been installed.
There’s still some soft furnishings and stuff that need to be added. These are pictures, mirrors, things like that.
But otherwise, it’s pretty good, it’s pretty ready to go, really.
So it just gives you a bit of a feel for what’s involved in serviced accommodation.
Next room – we’re going to show you the views as well.
But first, the bathroom.
So, it’s quite nice, standard, good quality in terms of the fixtures and fittings, styling the tiling and stuff as well.
And then, into the main communal area, the main lounge area.
It’s a nice looking decent kind of space.
You’ve got very simple kitchen, dining room area. Everything that the client is going to need from the serviced accommodation point of view.
So, as we said before, you can literally turn up with your suitcase and it’s ready to go. So, it’s a very effective model for companies wishing to rent the property out.
We’ve done some other videos talking about service accommodation and what’s involved in these types of projects.
On this particular kind of site, location is very important.
What I’ll try and show is show you outside as well to give you a bit of an idea as to where it is in Manchester.
Not all the properties need to be like this, but the location is fantastic on this one.
So where we currently are now is overlooking Manchester City Centre.
You can just see the level of development that’s currently happening.
It’s already happened as well, so you’ve got lots of new-build developments happened over the last couple of years.
Even now, most of the buildings most of the vacant plots of land still have cranes on them.
There are lots of new developments happening. Everything from residential units to commercial office space, retail, restaurants. It’s a fantastic spot.
For service accommodation or corporate let, you need to be in the heart of the town.
It’s very important to be … It doesn’t have to have this fantastic view, but it’s very important to have a property that’s in close proximity to all of these elements.
What Are The 7 Best Places To Invest In Manchester and the North West?
Thinking about investing in Manchester or close by? This is our list of the 7 best locations to invest in the north-west.
- Manchester City Centre and South Manchester
Putting It All Together
That’s it. Just a very quick insight into what’s included in a serviced apartment.
Need to make sure, in terms of kitchens and stuff, it’s fully usable.
So not just having a kitchen there, but pots, pans, cutlery, everything that somebody’s going to need to literally turn up and be able to use it as a livable space.
That’s it. If you have any questions on serviced accommodation, please feel free to get in touch, always happy to help.
All the best!
Learn About Investing In Property by Signing Up For Our FREE Course
Sign up for our free online property training course today.
In there we cover a range of different property strategies to help you get started on building a long-term property portfolio or creating a cash flowing property business.
We also look at ways to increase your return on investment with any of the properties you may be considering and we also have a couple of cheat sheets and downloadable documents.
Just click the image below to join our free training course today.
We have also put together a FREE 1.5 hr webinar on how to get started in property and find deals right now on your doorstep which you can watch here.
Or, if you prefer to read rather than watch you can access the full transcript here