The beauty of property crowdfunding is the sheer number of options available and types of property that you can invest in. Whether it’s HMOs, buy-to-let, commercial or new-build developments that you are interested in you should be able to find something for you on most crowdfunding platforms that are out there.
- What is Property Crowdfunding and is it a Good Way to Invest?
- How Does Property Crowdfunding Work?
- Secured Loans and Property Crowdfunding with Property Moose
- How to Choose the Right Property Crowdfunding Platform for You
- How are Investors Protected with Property Crowdfunding?
- What is the Future of Property Crowdfunding?
- What are the Returns Like with Property Crowdfunding?
- Should I Invest in Property, Stocks or Shares?
- What Problems could Crowdfunding Investors Face in the Future?
- What Due Diligence is Needed Before Investing in Property Crowdfunding?
- What Property Deals Work Best with Crowdfunding?
Amy: What property deals work best with crowdfunding, would you say? HMOs? Buy-to-let? Developments? Is there a particular type of project that tends to lean towards crowdfunding?
Ben: We don’t discriminate. It’s all based on our committee.
So, we’ve got a committee of property professionals. We look at auctions all over the country. We target specific locations based on performance and then any deal that we agree to go and fund, we’ve done the most due diligence we can, as per our prescribed document – trying to find properties on the same street, things like that.
So really, any property type and any property investment is something that we will look at as long as the due diligence stacks up.
Amy: And I suppose your investors want a range of products to invest in, as well. They don’t just want vanilla buy-to-let.
So, I suppose, for you, it’s about keeping that fresh and keeping the options open and choosing interesting projects to whet the appetite of your investors and get them hooked.
Ben: I think that you definitely find, particular investors have their comfort zones.
So, you may get one person that is specifically investing in HMOs. You may get one person that specifically invests in secured loans and so on and so forth.
But that’s the beauty of what crowdfunding is all about. It gives people choice, it gives them the information that they need to make an educated decision and hopefully, if someone was, specifically, into one type of investment – because you can invest from £10 – it may actually give them the ability to diversify their style of investment without the risk of actually going and having to do it, as a one-off purchase, themselves.
Yeah, I can get away with saying that, so that’s fine.
Amy: Brilliant. Thank you, Ben.
- Articles with Ben Grove
- Articles on Property Crowdfunding with Property Partner
- All Articles On Property Crowdfunding
- More Content from Our Contributors
Crowdfunding is the simplest and quickest way to invest in property. In just a few minutes you can be well on your way to building a diversified and balanced, property portfolio.
Unlike traditional forms of property investment, crowdfunding does not require huge sums of money to get involved and opens up the property market to everyone.
If you want to find out more then click the link below where you will find all the information you need to get started including the details of our favourite property crowdfunding platform.
It’s simple, it’s secure and you can invest your money in minutes.