There is no fixed rule that says blinds work better or curtains work better in an HMO. What’s best is what pulls the room together. The truth is, however, people can be put-off by bog-standard blinds and curtains aren’t that expensive. You need to ask yourself the question, would you want to live there?
Property Expert Series: Dale Wild from Pegasus Property Investments & Landlord Co.
- Part 1: Introducing Dale Wild from Pegasus Investments and Landlord Furniture Co.
- Part 2: What Projects Are Pegasus Investments Working On and Why?
- Part 3: What Is An HMO?
- Part 4: What Furniture Should You be Providing in an HMO?
- Part 5: What Colour Schemes Work Best for HMOs?
- Part 6: Is it Better to Put Up Blinds or Curtains in an HMO?
- Part 7: What Type of Beds Should Investors Use in Their HMOs?
- Part 8: How Much Should a Landlord Budget to Furnish an HMO?
- Part 9: How to Give Your HMOs the WOW Factor
- Part 10: How To Invest in HMOs
- Part 11: What Do Landlords Need to Know About HMO Licensing?
Blinds Or Curtains?
Amy: In your opinion, Dale, is it better to put blinds or curtains into an HMO?
Dale: I’d say both if I’m being honest. Curtains aren’t that expensive, are they?
For us, when you walk into a room… And don’t get me wrong, in some of ours, we’ve just got blinds and in others, we’ve just got curtains.
But as we’ve gone along, we’ve evolved.
I just think, if you’ve put in some really nice fixtures and fittings in a room, you’re dressing the bedsides with nice lamps, you’re putting in feature walls and nice decorative pictures and then you put in some bog-standard blinds, you might be putting people off.
Amy: I suppose you have to have something that will really make the room.
Dale: I mean, what would you do in your own house? Someone’s got to live there.
And for me, you can’t just do the basics and I have a golden rule, would I live in it? Yes or no? and if it’s no then I’ll put some pictures of cars on the walls and then I probably would.
The Property Investors Handbook
Interested in how to find, fund & grow your portfolio to 10 properties (quickly)?
Learn the what, why, when & how of property investment to get you to your first 10 deals & gain insight into decades of knowledge from established investors.
Just click the image below to sign up to the Property Investor’s Handbook today.
If you have any questions or thoughts about blinds or curtains in HMOs then leave them in the comments section below.
Alternatively, you can get in touch via our Facebook page.
We’d love to hear from you and as always we’re happy to help.