Dale Wild from Pegasus Property Investments talks about his successes, investing in property. In Oldham, he was the first person to get planning permission for an HMO and over the last few years, his business has grown. But success doesn’t come from nowhere. Hard work, luck and the support of your family are key.
Property Expert Series: Dale Wild from Pegasus Property Investments & Landlord Co.
- Part 1: Introducing Dale Wild from Pegasus Investments and Landlord Furniture Co.
- Part 2: What Projects Are Pegasus Investments Working On and Why?
- Part 3: What Is An HMO?
- Part 4: What Furniture Should You be Providing in an HMO?
- Part 5: What Colour Schemes Work Best for HMOs?
- Part 6: Is it Better to Put Up Blinds or Curtains in an HMO?
- Part 7: What Type of Beds Should Investors Use in Their HMOs?
- Part 8: How Much Should a Landlord Budget to Furnish an HMO?
- Part 9: How to Give Your HMOs the WOW Factor
- Part 10: How To Invest in HMOs
- Part 11: What Do Landlords Need to Know About HMO Licensing?
- Part 12: What Has Been Your Biggest Mistake in Property Investment?
- Part 13: What Has Been Your Biggest Win in Property?
- Part 14: How Does the Cashflow from HMOs Compare to Buy-to-Lets?
Amy: What’s been your biggest win to date, Dale, in property? What’s your proudest moment or the biggest success you’ve had so far in the property world?
Dale: Good question.
Amy: I think there are quite a few, from my perspective. You’ve had a really, really good couple of years.
Dale: We’ve had a good couple of years. Obviously, it doesn’t just come out of nowhere.
Amy: Yeah, there’s a lot of work.
Dale: There’s a lot of support, on my family side. My business partner, a great amount of support.
So, we’re encouraging money into our business so that we can move forward.
We were the first guys in Oldham to get planning permission on an HMO, for years and years which was about three or four years ago.
That’s a nice 11-bed. A little bit like a boutique hotel inside, it’s really nice. So, that was a big tick in the box, for us because when we first went to speak to Planning they said, ‘We don’t do those things’ and that’s the way they put it and so it went to committee and we got it, quite easily.
And obviously, now, we’ve just bought the pub in Oldham, which is going to be converted. That was a bit of a twitchy moment. We bought at auction. Obviously, no planning.
This is what we want to do with it. Got the architect in. Then you give it all to Plan and just go, ‘Please say yes’.
Amy: So, there is what not to do in property.
Dale: We got through it.
Amy: That’s it. Everybody is muddling through when they first start out. Like you say, you go through hairy moments and you take the risk.
But you are calculated with them and protect yourself along the way and you’ll see the rewards if you do things properly.
Dale: Definitely so. Definitely.
Learn how to quickly build a long-term, profitable property portfolio of ten houses with our free online course, containing effective strategies and techniques, collected over decades investing in property.
This training is suitable for investors of all levels so whether you are starting from scratch or want to know how to scale your property business there is something in there for you. Simply click the link below to find out more.
It's completely free and takes just a minute to sign up.